Tuesday 16 November 2010

Quills

Bit of a random pick from the library because I knew it was a sort of 17th/18th century based film - but I've only watched half an hour already and I'm not really looking at the story but getting plenty of ideas for colour choices, stage designs and costume designs.

Colours have been kept to a minimum with a grey, off-white, black, brown and grey/green palate being the over riding theme with the odd splash of red - used to highly gory and dramatic effect.

Stage design ideas for the palace, keeping the palace feeling OTT and spacious with just detailed hints of decoration.

Costume design mainly comes in the form of Kate Winslet's servant girl style.

Ideas are floating around, images doodled, just need to pad these out and I think I'm liking the Louis XIV period of France.

No comments:

Post a Comment